Action is the key to change, confidence, courage, contentment, and the life you want. Inaction leads to sameness, insecurity, fear, anxiousness, and disappointment.
It is crazy how many excuses and justifications we come up with for not taking action. Here are the most common.
We tell ourselves, “I’ll take action when…
- I’m done planning
- I’m done strategizing
- I’m done researching
- I graduate
- My depression goes away
- My fear goes away
- I get the courage
- I’m inspired
- I’m motivated
- Weather improves
The truth is we will never feel like it. The conditions will never be perfect. The truth is motivation and favorable conditions follow action, not the other way around. So we need to force ourselves to take action.
I created a mantra that enables me to take action in spite of how I feel or what the conditions are. I’ve used it for so long, this mantra automatically starts in my head the moment my alarm goes off at 4 am signaling it’s time to go do some aerobic exercise. It works every time. My (secret) 😀 mantra is… “No excuses!” It answers every contrived excuse with a resounding “No! Get going.”
There are things we can do to nudge ourselves toward action and better conditions.
- Start each day with aerobic exercise.
- Write down and read your goals daily.
- Eat super healthy food and water.
- Give up junk food and crap drinks.
- Read, listen, and watch inspiring material daily.
- Avoid mood lowering material (article) like the news.
- Give your attention to what you want.
- Withdraw your attention (article) from what you do not want.
I just came up with a new mantra! “Action is the key.”