For small houses, gazebos provide additional living space. The reasons you might build one are similar to those of an outdoor dining room or a garden room. They might even serve the same or multiple purposes.
Note: This article is part of a small and tiny houses article series.
The great thing about gazebos is their wide range of price, design, and use. They also offer the opportunity to get creative. Here is a list of things you might add.
- Outdoor fireplace.
- Ceiling fans to cool and shoo away bugs.
- Misters to cool and add unique ambiance.
- Electrical outlets (and Wi-Fi) for computers, smartphones, TV, music player, etc.
- Plants and trees for beauty, atmosphere, and privacy.
- Curtains to create absolute privacy and elegance.
- Small spa or hot tub.
- Small bar.
- Barbecue (nearby).
Next is the gazebo photo tour. I think this is the most photos I ever added to an article. Enjoy.
It appears that this one is screened in, which is nice. Great place to sleep during the summer. That beautiful pond alongside it maybe one of the reasons for the screen as some flying insects lay their eggs and feed in or near ponds.
Southern charm (U.S.).
Outstanding natural look.
This one looks huge!
Small but well done.
There’s something about the lattice design that I really like.
I hope you got some ideas and inspiration from this gazebo photo tour.