The reasons why drinking alcohol is a fool’s habit are countless! Before we get into these, what are the advantages for people who drink alcohol? Zero! There are none. We have been brainwashed to believe otherwise through advertisements by the alcohol industry throughout our lifetimes.
You might refer me to studies that indicate that there are heart health benefits to drinking a glass of red wine daily. And that a drink or two a day of any type of alcohol is okay. Look into who finances these studies and you’ll find that the wine and alcohol industries usually do. In some cases, you may need to read the fine print to determine who is financing the study.
Alcohol is a poison. Plain and simple. What benefits can you possibly get from a brew like that? These authors do an excellent job of describing the brainwashing, alcohol poison, and how to quit in their books.
- Easy Way to Stop Drinking by Allen Carr
- Stop Drinking Alcohol: A Simple Path by Kevin O’Hara
- See all these books.
When you look at what happens when you quit you can see why drinking alcohol is a fool’s habit. Here’s a list of some of the amazing things that happen when you stop drinking alcohol.
- Greatly improves overall fitness
- Enables increased energy
- Enables healthy weight loss
- Enables lower blood pressure
- Reduces chance of getting cancer
- Reduces or eliminates anxiety
- Reduces or eliminates depression
- Enables slimmer body
- Enables firmer body
- Produces clear complexion
- Reduces or eliminates dark circles
- Produces younger look
- Greatly enhances attractiveness
- Enables improvement of social skills
- Enables genuine congeniality and grace
- Enables ability to easily recognize social cues
- Creates conditions for relationship improvement
- Creates conditions for attaining quality friendships
- Greatly increases ability to succeed
- Greatly improves efficiency and creativity
- Enables ability to get more work done
- Enables ability to enjoy and love work
- Creates an advantage over those who drink
- Greatly enhances its value and purpose
- Greatly improves enjoyment and pleasure
- Enables physical and mental rejuvenation
- Enables ability to do meaningful activities
- Enables ability to create vivid memories
I hope this provides sufficient evidence as to why drinking alcohol is a fool’s habit.