To keep myself positive during the devastating and scary Covid-19 pandemic, I decided early on that I was going to come out of it much better than I was before. This article explains. Although I struggled with this and wavered at times I found that by mid-2021 I had made great strides in improving myself. Perhaps it was similar for you.
Part of what motived me to take this approach was that I was coaching my father, who is in his nineties, throughout Covid-19. This also included getting him masks, gloves, food, supplies, and taking over all his bills and other business. I did all of this online because he lives in California and I live in Nevada. For details on how I did this read this article: How to Fully Care for a Parent Remotely.
Let’s compare notes. Here are personal growth accomplishments. Since they were so significant I now consider them gifts from the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Became 100 times more aware and sensitive to my health, relationships, behavior, attitude, outlook, and plans.
- The fear and devastation of Covid-19 demanded that this gift be accepted and utilized.
- Improved my diet even more. This is remarkable since my diet was already extremely healthy (vegan, organic).
- I increased the variety of organic fruits, vegetables, and plant-based protein. I also improved the quality of the vitamin B12 I was taking. Vitamin B12 supplements are vital for vegans (article).
- Improved my exercise routine. This is significant since I was already exercising quite a bit.
- I increased my exercise session frequency from 2 to 3 times daily and the number repetitions during weightlifting.
- Lost a few extra pounds. This is consequential because I had struggled to lose them and even gained a few more during the early part of Covid-19.
- I did this by enhancing my diet as mentioned above, reducing meal portion size, reducing smoothie size, and expanding my exercise routine as indicated above.
- Improved my home dental care even more. This is noteworthy since my home dental care was already excellent.
- I purchased a more advanced Sonicare Electric Toothbrush, a new advanced WaterPik, and a new more advanced toothpaste, Parodontax, which is absolutely amazing!
- Greatly enhanced my plans for after Covid-19 in these areas: relationships, social involvement, business goals, and recreation and vacation plans. This article The Magnificence Past COVID-19 describes my inspiration.
- I did this through intensive soul-searching, contemplation, and online research.
- Started reading 10 times more books than I ever have. Here are my top book suggestions, which includes the books I read (mostly in sociopolitical, personal development, and mindfulness categories).
- I did this by placing greater value on reading. I achieved it by taking advantage of the ability to read ebooks and audiobooks on my smartphone and computer.
- Gained much greater clarity on the utter incompetence, lies, corruptness, selfishness, and destructiveness of Donald J. Trump. This is easily recognized by millions, but also by a larger number of his supporters than I believe is publicly known. I think his voter/supporter base is down significantly and will decrease dramatically as the truth comes out.
- No brains required, just a bit of research, knowledge, and education. Only the ignorant are still Trump supporters (article). Since I detest saying, hearing, or seeing his name, I just call him: Don T or a string of profanities.
I’m sure you made improvements as well during Covid-19.
Let’s keep this up.